IdaPro MPC/MPI is best used in processed cheese or analog cheese applications to replace caseinates. MPC/MPI can only be used to replace a percentage of rennet casein in those applications before changes in product texture or melt properties become significant. Almost every manufacturer should be able to replace one-third of their rennet casein requirement with MPC/MPI without any noticeable changes in product quality. In those non-specific processed cheeses and cheese analog products that use caseinate, however, MPC/MPI can completely replace the caseinate as the protein base of the product without loss of product properties.
- How are milk protein concentrates, casein and whey proteins connected?
- What are the common methods of beverage processing?
- Dairy Protein: When Enough Protein Is Not Enough
- As higher-protein diets...
- Why do whey and casein work better together?
- Milk is a...
- What type of milk protein concentrate (MPC) is best for high-protein shakes?
- Different Types of Proteins
- Enteral Nutrition
- Formulating with IdaPlus 1085 in Yogurt Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Permeate Powder
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Cheese-Type Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in RTD Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Yogurt Applications
- On the Farm
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Permeate Powder
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Protein
- Why does freshness and low-heat processing matter?