Our new IdaPlus 1085 is a functional protein that works extremely well in Greek-style and traditional yogurt applications where stronger gel set and less syneresis is desired. Due to proprietary processing, IdaPlus 1085 provides more serum phase casein than a standard MPC. The serum phase casein interacts with whey proteins better than casein micelles, which in turn provides a stronger network in a yogurt white mass. Using IdaPlus 1085 means that formulators can potentially eliminate the need for gelatin and starches, leading to cleaner labels; a cleaner label equates to products consumers prefer.
- How are milk protein concentrates, casein and whey proteins connected?
- What are the common methods of beverage processing?
- Dairy Protein: When Enough Protein Is Not Enough
- As higher-protein diets...
- Why do whey and casein work better together?
- Milk is a...
- What type of milk protein concentrate (MPC) is best for high-protein shakes?
- Different Types of Proteins
- Enteral Nutrition
- Formulating with IdaPlus 1085 in Yogurt Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Permeate Powder
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Cheese-Type Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in RTD Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Yogurt Applications
- On the Farm
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Permeate Powder
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Protein
- Why does freshness and low-heat processing matter?