If a manufacturer wants to make a Greek-style yogurt with a protein content above 6.4%, we suggest using WPC in combination with MPC to obtain the remainder of desired protein fortification above 6.4%. As with regular yogurt, the MPC will provide realistic yogurt gel texture and bind water for prolonged shelf life of the yogurt while the WPC will help to maintain the smooth mouthfeel desired by consumers.
- How are milk protein concentrates, casein and whey proteins connected?
- What are the common methods of beverage processing?
- Dairy Protein: When Enough Protein Is Not Enough
- As higher-protein diets...
- Why do whey and casein work better together?
- Milk is a...
- What type of milk protein concentrate (MPC) is best for high-protein shakes?
- Different Types of Proteins
- Enteral Nutrition
- Formulating with IdaPlus 1085 in Yogurt Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Permeate Powder
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Cheese-Type Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in RTD Applications
- Formulating with IdaPro® Milk Protein in Yogurt Applications
- On the Farm
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Permeate Powder
- Technical and Sensory properties of Milk Protein
- Why does freshness and low-heat processing matter?